Friday, August 19, 2011

1st Week of Work

Well, one week of "work" down, the rest of my life to go, I guess.  Overall, things went pretty smoothly.  Of course I didn't do a whole lot of actual "working". I mainly just shadowed the docs around the office to get a hang of how things run around the office.  Hopefully, in the next couple of weeks I'll be getting more involved.  I can't actually start seeing patients on my own yet b/c I can't bill for them yet.  I'm waiting on my credentials now (big shock, I know) for most of the major insurance companies so I can bill them properly.   I'm told it will take a month to two months, but in the meantime, what they will do is just over book the docs and I'll see the overflow patients, with my supervising doc just checking in behind me.  Then we can bill under his insurance license. 
My primary supervising physician is GREAT.. kind of quirky, but super great with his staff, patients, etc.  You can tell he REALLY cares about the patients and about helping me learn.  The other doc, not as great.  However, the staff warned me about him so its just "yes sir, you are the greatest" and leave it at that.

Next week I have several new employee training sessions to do at the hospital, so I really won't be in the clinic much.  Hopefully in a few weeks things will pick up.  I can see a definite need in the office where I will be very useful as soon as I can get going.  My schedule will basically be 8:30 to 5:30ish every day once things pick up.  I've been staying later than that, but I think that's just b/c I'm new and there is a lot to explain.
I'm still not used to dressing up every day. haha. I keep being surprised at how professional I look since for the past two months my wardrobe has consisted of shorts and tank tops.  I am going to have to get some new work clothes tho, so I am definitely going shopping with my first pay check, which is hopefully in 2 weeks! yeah!
Lincoln appreciates my routine too.  We've been getting up and going for a short jog or walk before work around the golf course while its still nice and cool.  He even helped me get ready on my first day.  See Below:


And speaking of running.....drum roll please..... I ran 3 miles, 4 times this week, for a total of 12 miles this week!! woo!  and my legs are tired as hell now. haha. pathetic, but since all the miles were pain free, I'm hoping that I'm I can get back to where I was in running, in due time of course.  Sean and I plan on riding bikes tomorrow morning, but that is about all we have planned for the weekend.  Sean had a slow week at work, which was nice b/c he got caught up on laundry, lawn mowing, grocery shopping and other household stuff, so we have the weekend to just hang out.  If the weather is nice we may hit up the beach again.  After this weekend, we've got something planned for a lot of the weekends up until October, including some visitors! yeah!
Everyone have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment