Tuesday, August 9, 2011

And the waiting continues....

Well, Tuesday has come and gone, and still no news on when I'll be able to start working.  I did get an email from the director of physician services at the hospital who told me that he's working on the case and will be in touch soon.. sooo lets hope good news comes soon. fingers crossed.  In the mean time, I've found a good place to volunteer: The humane society!  Today I went and walked dogs for almost 3 hours and I probably didn't even walk a 1/3 of them.The shelter has only enough actual workers to get the dogs fed, watered and areas cleaned, so the amount of attention the animals get is very minimal.  As a dog lover, I figured playing with them is the perfect volunteer job for me. All of the dogs were so friendly and just wanted to play or run around. I feel bad for them and definitely recommend adopting from a shelter if you are looking for a pet.

We ended up not going to the beach this weekend. The weather from the tropical storm was a bit dodgy and it rained on an off all weekend.  We ended up going for a bike ride with the cycling group, hitting up the farmers market, and just doing some stuff around the house (see pic below)


Then we went to a wine/beer tasting at the local chef and farmer restaurant with with a couple that we rode bikes with that morning.  We ended up meeting up with another couple that Sean works with at the brewery and having them over to our house for some beers.  It's really nice to be able to have a nice place to hang out. AND its nice that we are meeting some other couples our age since we significantly lowered the average age when we moved to Kinston. haha

Yesterday Sean only worked a half day so we decided to do the Monday night group right.  It is exactly like every other Monday night ride that you may have been to... a free for all, basically.  I got my first taste of a true "pace line", which as it turns out, its really a testosterone driven pissing contest on who can pull the hardest. I know you are supposed to just draft, I have trouble drafting at over 25mph. lol. I basically got dropped, but had a super hard ride anyway. my legs were toast when I got home.  Sean played around a bit with my cleat since I've been having this weird pain in my left leg (clipping/unclipping leg).  As it turns out, my left cleat was moved up about 2 mm from where the right cleat was. I got new cleats about the time my pain started, so its possible this is the culprit. I know it won't feel awesome overnight, but I do think it felt better than it has in a while last night, and I ran a mile and a half this morning with no pain, so thats a good sign..

Anywhoo. thats it for now I think. I'll keep you posted on the whole working thing.

Thumbs Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment