Well, this is my last weekend as a non-working woman (for a while at least I hope). I go in to work Monday and will try to start figuring out all of the madness. I'll pretty much be meeting with everyone that will be helping me (doctors, nurses, coordinators, chairmen, etc) as well as going through a few last minute committee meetings and interviews. Hopefully by the end of the day Monday I'll have an idea of what my regular day will be looking like and what the next couple weeks will hold in store for me as far as work. According to the office manager, they want to get me practicing solo ASAP, which is a but intimidating, but also very exciting! I'll be getting a pager for the hospital to contact me if needed, so I won't be changing my phone number like I thought I might have too.
We didn't end up going to the shrimp festival this weekend (Sad, I know) but there was just too much we were going to try to cram into Saturday and to avoid needing a weekend to recover from the weekend, we decided to just skip it. Sean and I skipped the group bike ride (which left at 7am) and slept in a bit and then went on our own ride. We ended up doing about 35 miles, so it was a decent ride, but b/c we decided to sleep in, it was already getting to be close to mid-day and we really wanted to get to the beach. We decided to go to Atlantic Beach, which is about an hour and a half away. We stayed the afternoon and both ended up a little crispy (Sean decided he did not need sunscreen)
Sorry the finger got in the way, this is a few of the beach. It actually wasn't too crowded for a Saturday afternoon. Very clean, lifeguards on duty, and it was a nice day!
Sean just relaxing on the beach, soaking up some rays.
We decided that since we know that I'm going to have a job (aka paycheck) in the near future, we'd treat ourselves to dinner. We decided to stop in New Bern for dinner (about and hour from the beach and 30 minutes from our house) at a little hole in the way Raw Bar that we've discovered called MJ's. They have lots of fresh seafood and good beers and tap. We both got a super fresh leafy salad and then split a large steamed crab. We had to work for our food but it was DELICIOUS!! I've never had crab like that before. YUM!!
Sean and the crab. we were ready to EAT!!
We were both tired from the ride/playing in the waves/sunburned that we crashed early and slept in (I think I got 10 hours of sleep, no joke), and started our lazy Sunday of homemade whole wheat apple cinnamon pancakes and fresh grounded, local, french press coffee... Now we're off to grocery shopping, laundry, etc. Sean's been practicing his banjo. He's getting to be pretty decent, but I can tell when he gets frustrated b/c he starts playing the one song he knows really well. haha. I think we may catch a matinee movie this afternoon and get ready for the work week to begin.
Sean didn't work as many crazy hours last week, so he's hoping that that is more of the norm. Hopefully with both him and me working, we still get to see each other occasionally. ha. I'll keep you posted on the new job! Wish me luck on my first day!
No comments:
Post a Comment